There is only one thing in life that I would die for, that is my religion. What I believe is that important. Christ died for me so I am willing to die for Him. I will not deny Him before man and if that means death, then that is what it comes to. However, I believe that me being alive would be more effective.
People say they would die for things, but what really does that acomplish? All that happens is that you die and maybe, just maybe you will be remembered for that. Most likely you won't. It is more effective to be alive and strive to change the world that way. For example, say someone dies for freedom. What exactly will that accomplish? A person is dead and there is one less person in the world fighting for freedom.
I think for what you want to accomplish in life, living makes a bigger impact!
ReplyDeleteI agree with what you said. If you're dead what you're fighting for is too.
ReplyDeleteYou make a really good point; I think at one point or another we all feel this way because it's so overwhelming. I agree that being alive is effective since you can, obviously, do more and I guess you can say create a better representation before the Christ, if that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteYou would die for something that was written down in a book two thousand years ago? Now look, you may have "Faith," but if you use your logic, you may be able to understand that people wrote those books, so any ounce of truth in them is most likely hidden behind a thick cloud of lies.
ReplyDeletePerhaps if you were not raised to be brainwashed, then you would be able to die for something more meaningful than lies written on a couple of old pages.
Silver,
ReplyDeleteFirst off i was not brain washed into believing that the Bible is truth. I choose for myself. No one made me do it, i asked questions and was able to put my own oppinion together.
And as for you saying that the Bible is "just a bunch of lies," you are wrong. The Bible was written by people yes, but there is historical proof that what is written is true. In Joshua, there is a story of the sity of Jericho. This city was taken over and the walls fell outwards. You may be thinking that when people took over a city they would knock the walls inward. Historians have gone back to the spot where Jericho was said to be. There are remins that show that the walls did fall out not it. Also, in Isahia 53, the prophacy of the crucifiction of Christ is witten there. Isahia was written on the Dead Sea Scrolls which were found and carbondated to about 700 B.C. That is about 700 years before Christ was even born. So please tell me, how can one person propacise something that long before it even happens. Well i will tell you. God told the people what is going to happen and they wrote it down. That is what happened with all of the books in the Bible. The sprit was in them and through there they wrote it down.