I don't believe that this statement can be either right or wrong. Everyone at some point in their lives should take a step back and look at what they are doing. They should look and see if this is really the life they should live. It is never a bad thing to just look at what you are doing. It usually helps you.
However, it is not a bad thing to not step back and look at your life. Sometimes you just need to live in the moment and not look at the whole picture. Some people will get more out of life if they don't know what is ahead and to forget about what was in the past. To just live in the moment is often far more satisfying than to regret and to have all things planned.
Either way is totally and acceptable way to live. It is really just based on personal preference. To me, I like to step back sometimes and just see where I am heading. It helps me to know what direction and I am going and if there is really where I want to be going. Others this may not be true. There is no right or wrong answer to it.
well i have to disagree whit you because is right. why doi said this ?? well i said itbecause a live were u dont know what can be truop or not is alife of guesing and that dont take anibody far on life. but i also i agree that is base on personal preferences, no body in the land can makeu do somenthing that you dont whant
ReplyDeleteYou make a really good point in saying that it is up to the person at hand and either path can be acceptable but can you question what is around you when you live in the moment or do you think it's easier to do that (and find your answer) when you are able to step back and examine? I personally find that living in the moment can preoccupy you to the point that you don't feel the need to question.
ReplyDeleteTaking a step back and looking at your life allows you to find meaning for it yourself. Which, in turn, makes life worth living.
ReplyDeleteYou mentioned that the statement cannot be either right or wrong, yet you hint at finding meaning in your life by looking at the last road taken.
I agree with your ideas of personal preference, and you're right because it completely depends on the individual and their level of understanding. Some it may better to not examine their life because it may lead to consequences. Truly it depends on the individual and what they are capapble of doing.
ReplyDeleteI think it goes far beyond a directional type statement though...if our soul continues upon death why question just the here and now?
ReplyDeleteMonica: I don't think that people can truely live in the moment and examine life. It isn't living in the moment if you think about the long term effect.
ReplyDeleteSilver: This quote is a personal preference. I or anyone else can state what is correct other people.
Erin: Some people don't believe in an afterlife, so it would make sense to them to just not examine life.