Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What role do religious beliefs play in your life? Do you believe in "God"? Why or why not? Is there an afterlife? What is the path to it?

Religious beliefs plays a huge part in my life. I actually don't consider myself religious, it is more of a way of life for me. Even though I am not perfect and I do mess up, I try to be as Christ-like as possible.

Saying that, I do believe in God. He is a big part of my life. I actually try keep Him in all aspects of my life. I am a very factual person. When you read the Bible, there are historical aspects that have been found true. People can trace the path the Jesus took and find that it is accurate. Also, the book of Isaiah was on the Dead Sea Scrolls. Even though they have not found the original Dead Sea Scrolls, the one that has been found has been carbon-dated to about 700 B.C. In the book of Isaiah, the prophecy for the Crucifixion is in chapter 53. In chapter 53, it has in detail all that will happen, there is no way that someone can just guess that. Even if someone did try and guess, it probably wouldn't be totaly correct. This shows that someone would have to have insight on what is to happen.

I do believe in an afterlife. There is a heaven and a hell. To get to heaven all you have to do is have faith that Jesus is your savior and has died for you and everyone elses sins, no matter what. The thing is, to have faith is not to just believe in something, it is to be obedient to what God tells you to do. To get to hell is to do the opposite. To not believe in Jesus and to not accept him as your savior. That is denying God. It says in the Bible that whoever denies Jesus infront of his fellow men will be denied in front of the father.

No comments:

Post a Comment